Finished Golf Trophies

The Gallery is for posting images of work machined using Cut3D
sunshinejim
Vectric Craftsman

Finished Golf Trophies

Post by sunshinejim »

Finally got both trophies finished. They are cut in a product similar to Corian and it works really nice. They are approximately 8" x 8"
Attachments
Longest Drive
Longest Drive
Closest To The Pin
Closest To The Pin
Golf Trophies
Golf Trophies

den73160

Post by den73160 »

Look GREAT! So what product is it?

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

Very nice! Sure would like to see one or both of them on my mantle someday...

I also would like to know the name of the material and what paint you used for the image and text.

Tim

Paul_n
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PR96

Post by Paul_n »

Jim.....

Great Job !! I'm sure the winners will be very proud.

Paul N

sunshinejim
Vectric Craftsman

Golf trophies

Post by sunshinejim »

The material is a locally made product called Avian - it is very similar to Corian.

The paint is just spray paint in a spray can from the hardware store. Just spray it on and when it is dry use a random orbit sander to sand it off. The Avian works nicer than wood in this respect and you can sand it to a real fine finish. Finish off with 2 - 3 coats of gloss spray laquer.

Rusty
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homebuilt

Post by Rusty »

I play quite a bit with corian & do a similar finishing process using spray paint. After paint has fully dried I use a paint scraper (with the cutout for cleaning rollers) because it has a chisel-like edge & a hard, non-flexible blade. I gently scrap the excess paint off. A little dusting of corian is also removed but not enough to damage the finished piece. Scape diagionally across the grooved detail, that way the scaper blade does not fall into the grooves. Once the paint has been removed then I use wet/dry sandpaper using water to sand. Gives a nice smooth semi-polished finish. This scraping process has saved me hours & I don't throw away as much sandpaper.
Later guys.
Rusty

GripUs
Vectric Wizard

Post by GripUs »

Hi Gang,
I make a lot of pistol grips out of Corian and laser etch designs in them. I buy acrylic craft paint from Hobby Lobby ($.99 a bottle) and wipe it on the etching and immediately wipe it off. After it dries, a little steel wool and a little buffing on a cloth polishing wheel gives excellent results. I also laser etch white marble but put tape over it before etching. After it is eetched, I spray paint it black and remove the tape after it dries. The tape cromes from an outfit called LaserBits (http://www.laserbits.com/main.php3?SELE ... r+Supplies) and works real well for this. I haven't tried it with the router yet.

Joe
Attachments
Small_Stone_Marble.jpg
BlackEagle.jpg
Ham and eggs - Inconvenient for the chicken. A total commitment for the pig.
http://www.gripus.com/