Tackle Shop dimensional sign in the works...

The Gallery is for posting images of work machined using Cut3D
js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

Dave,

That awesome! Hope you get alot of work from that sign.

Jason
The Official Vectric Cartographer

You are limited only by your imagination

lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

Post by lpcsales »

Thanks everyone for all of the great comments and encouragement! :D

The wife was really set back by the comments and sends her thanks...

Well, Here's the final pic after the glossy clear coating. We were pleased and learned a lot doing this. This now becomes a display piece for the shop to demonstrate some of the possibilities that are possible.

Thanks especially goes to the Vectric team (Tony and Brian) and VectorArt3D ( James Booth ) for their total commitment to excellence. My hats off to you guys! :wink: You're great and keep it up! You will be rewarded....
Attachments
PICT0014-B.JPG
PICT0008 - B.JPG
PICT0011-B.JPG
Dave
Epilog 24TT 40w and Legend 36EXT 75w Laser Engravers, Roland SP-300V, BabyLoc PR600 Embroidery Machine, Panther 24" Vinyl Cutter, Mighty Presses (hat & T-Shirt), PRT48 Router

Jason Marsha
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Jason Marsha »

Excellent work by a husband and wife team.

Jason

Markm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Markm »

The paint looks beautiful you have a talented wife :D

Mark M

Thkoutsidthebox
Vectric Wizard

Post by Thkoutsidthebox »

Wow that looks great! :) Well done. Can you tell me what type of paint peg used, and did she coat over the entire sign with anything at the end? Thanks. Good job. :)

lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

Post by lpcsales »

Thanks breadboard...I'm flattered that you like it!

She used acrylic paints ...airbrushed with some manual brushing for some of the finer details. Once this was completed and dryed I gave it 2 coats of ClearJet gloss spray.
Dave
Epilog 24TT 40w and Legend 36EXT 75w Laser Engravers, Roland SP-300V, BabyLoc PR600 Embroidery Machine, Panther 24" Vinyl Cutter, Mighty Presses (hat & T-Shirt), PRT48 Router

grahamshere
Vectric Apprentice

Post by grahamshere »

Hi there, Just bought cut3d and came on to see what every one is doing and saw this great looking sign, wow that looks fantastic. Great painting job, How long did that take to do from start to finish? Bet you cant wait for the next one to do, Im sure i cant wait too see the next one. good work and keep it up. Graham

lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

Post by lpcsales »

Hey Graham,
Thanks! I'll pass your comment on to Peg...she did all of the airbrushing. It took here about 1 1/2 days total to complete the painting. Actual time, not counting dry time waiting and tending to other duties, she put in about 7 hrs. on it.

As for what's next, here's some pics of a sign I did for a customer ~ 2 weeks ago. It is made from 1 1/2" thk. sign foam and machined on both sides...identical front and back.

The pics show it during the machining stage and the finished product. Note that I applied a paint mask over a pre-primed and gold metallic painting, both sides. Some of the mask came off during the machining :twisted: , so I did a vinyl cut mask on my Roland printer/cutter of the letters which were re-applied to protect them from the black painting which was to come. This saved a lot of time as it eliminated a lot of detail hand painting around the letters. The finished size was ~ 24"w x 18"h.

The customer was thrilled with the end product and we kinda liked it too. Hope you do.

Btw, Welcome to to the forum! You're going to love it and there are a real great bunch of folks here with ton's on helpful information.
Attachments
1st stage of machining
1st stage of machining
Finished 2-side foam sign
Finished 2-side foam sign
Dave

grahamshere
Vectric Apprentice

Post by grahamshere »

Looks great, im gathering this is a full time job for you, down at the bottom of your post name a few machines like lasers and such, are they all the machine you own? I guess foam is the best too work with on sign building. How does it hold up too in weather. Thanks for shareing. Graham

lpcsales
Vectric Craftsman

Post by lpcsales »

Thanks Graham for the kind comments,
No, I don't do this full time...still is a nights and weekend deal. Yes, the equipment listed in my signature is the equipment I own. I will be adding to it shortly with an Epilog Laser 75W ETX Laser in about 6 weeks (hopefully). I do a lot of laser engraving and sign work. Also, product labeling. I get it setup and Peg runs the shop during the day(s).
For me it's basically a hobby and something to play with and Peg has an artistic abilty that is just fantastic and this provides an outlet for her.

Works quite well and it pays for itself ...so far.

I might add (failed to mention this earlier) that the last sign was done using VCarve Pro, not Cut3D. Both are great programs and I'm indebted to Brian and Tony (Vectric) for their commitment. They are absolutely great!

The sign foam is very durable to the weather. It will hold up to the weather even without any finishing! Being foam, it 'is' subject to mechanical limitations. It isn't 'soft', but it can be dented, etc., however, it provides a unique avenue for dimensional signage that is accepted in the sign industry and that would be difficult and more labor intensive to achieve with other materials.

Hope this helps and I look forward to maybe seeing some of your future projects!
Dave