easy job?

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
CNC-Steuerung

easy job?

Post by CNC-Steuerung »

Hello,

my name ist Wolfram from the German Mach3 - Distributor CNC-Steuerung.
Ive tested Cut3D and want to make a Mach3-File for the following part.
Now I have 4 questions:

Roughing:
1. Is it possible to select the two pockets for a simple finish rough along the contour
(G41/42)?
2. The right side should be made after turning the part. How could I "deselect" the toolpath exept
changing the machining margins?
3. How could I change the tool for the small slot?

Finishing:
4. If I select a tool of 1.5mm for the small slot (1.6mm x 2.0mm) the hole surface would be should be cutted, even if I
select a distance of 0 for the machining allowance at the roughing toolpath? That extents the cutting time from minutes to
hours and is absolute unnecessary.. :shock:

A great compliment to the vectric team, the software looks very good, easy to use and powerful.
It has a lot of potential to be a leader...

Greetings from Germany

Wolfram
Attachments
cut3D-top.png

Paco
Vectric Wizard

Post by Paco »

Hi Wolfram!

This remind me of a project I was submit a year ago. I had to mill from three different side, making cutouts for led, switches and button for a custom box.

Looking at your model, the first thing that I wondering about is the sizes and have you considered doing this from 2D toolpathing strategies? You would be saving time and getting a better finish.

I would JIG all the machined sides and do each side for all required parts at once.

Does that make sense?... if not or only part of, we'll look at your questions more specifically then.

dighsx
Vectric Wizard

Post by dighsx »

Willkommen zum Forum Herr Wolfram. Es schaut zu mir, daß du die meisten tun könntest wenn nicht alle Arbeit mit Pro VCarve und der Fertigung 2.5D. Mein Deutsch ist nicht daß stark so ich auf englisch fortfahre.

I would machine the side with the slots and then the two pockets. After that assuming your machine has enough Z height to allow for a item this size I'd put it up on end and machine the sides.

Honestly, you'll save the most time having the machine do all the pockets and slots and machine most of the end and then do the rest manually. Like Paco said to do the sides you'll need to make some stand for the item. If you're only making a few of these it might be quicker to finsih the parts by hand on a mill or a drillpress. If you're making many of these then it might be worth the setup time to do all the cuts on the cnc machine.

Download and take a look at VCarve Pro and it's features. I think it will work better for you then Cut3D.
Take it easy.
Jay (www.cncjay.com)

CNC-Steuerung

Post by CNC-Steuerung »

Hello Jay,

thank you very much for your warm welcome :D

Youre right, Cut 3D is the wrong tool for this job. After loading ProCarve I found all my
questions answered....

Its really a powerful tool.

Best regards,

Wolfram