INDEXING TOOL FOR C3D

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
Peter Stenabaugh
Vectric Craftsman

INDEXING TOOL FOR C3D

Post by Peter Stenabaugh »

Ok, guys, a few weeks back I said that I would design you a simple indexer, well here it is. I have only put basic dimensions to it as I am swamped with other things as well. If you have difficulty with it, let me know however the basic sizes should give you enough information to build it.

You will need to make 2 units - exactly the same height (or shim one). I would make the frame from 1/4" steel plate, the chuck mounting plate maybe from 1/2" aluminum plate. There are various ways you can mount the plates to the 3/4" shaft, maybe use 'weld on' chain sprocket hubs and bolt the plates to them. Dont weld them, they will likely warp.

The indexing angle with the hole has to be made accurately so it will line up with all the holes. I have shown 24 holes in the indexing plate which would provide for angles of 15 degree increments, although for C3D you only need 4 equally spaced holes.

I would mount up a woodworking 4 jaw chuck onto the chuck mounting plate. I have found only locally from Busy Bee Tools, the link is below. They do not sell to the US, although you can purchase a similar item from Grizzly Tools in the US, which is the same company. The cost here in Canada is $59 right now. You will need 2 of these chucks as well. The part number of the chuck at Busy Bee is #B042, also shown on the drawing.

http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/product1 ... 9061272651

I hope this idea helps some of you guys out. Let me know if you need more information.

Pete
Attachments
chuck assembly 2.jpg
(61.92 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
chuck assembly 1.jpg
(65.6 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
CHUCK ASSEMBLY.PDF
(178.26 KiB) Downloaded 372 times