Contract work opportunity.

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
JHSheley
Model of CNC Machine: IMSERVICES

Post by JHSheley »

I have 7 files that I would like to hire someone to modify.
If you think that you can perform the required work, then send a sample of your abilities from the attached files. If I like what I see, then we can haggle over a price and terms and conditions for the remaining 6 images.
One absolute requirement: You MUST have a valid copy of "Vectric Cut3D". NO exceptions what so ever will be tolerated! Your solution will be verified with "Vectric Cut3D".
The best way for me to convey the problem to you is for you to:
1) Open the file named” Desired_pedals_and_reg_points”. Look at the corners. A dimple is required.
2) Open the file named “Actual_pedals_and_reg_points”. Again look at the corners. Instead of a dimple, I observe a “post”. I will refer to this as the post effect
3) The “Actual_pedals_and_reg_points” was made from the “pedals_and_reg_points_STL”. There are file size and format restrictions to this forum. I have zipped the STL file.

The “post effect” results in hideous mischief (distortions and image destruction) with other parts of the project.
This problem has not be solved by simple adjustments such as “silhouette” . This is most likely in the STL file. I do not know for sure. I do not own Aspire.

John
Attachments
Desired_pedals_and_reg_points.jpg
Actual_pedals_and_reg_points.png
pedals_and_reg_points_STL.zip
(752.48 KiB) Downloaded 260 times

larrybadgett
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre

Re: Contract work opportunity.

Post by larrybadgett »

Try this file! The registration were cylinders rather then holes. I removed the ends of the cylinders to make them holes.
Attachments
pedals_and_reg_points_STL.zip
(751.77 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Woodchip
Wud Bi Tek
http://wudbitek.com/

JHSheley

Post by JHSheley »

DEC 24 reply

I am very grateful that someone has time to work on this project for me.

The “post effect” is a symptom of a much larger problem.

The problem with the STL that I posted earlier is that the end mill ALWAYS makes contact with what I deem the “canvas layer” (see attached image:” Canvas_layer “). Ideally the bit NEVER makes contact with the “canvas layer”.

The image that I posted is part of a much larger project. I only presented the petals. The final project is a complete flower.
The end mill has a finite diameter. The material between the boundaries (see attached image:” Defacement_at_boundary “) is destroyed during the end mill’s unwanted plunge to the canvas layer.

After boundary defacement, the final image is unbelievably ugly like Dr. Frankenstein’s creature with facial stitch scars. (and acne)
John
Attachments
Canvas_layer
Canvas_layer
Defacement_at_boundary
Defacement_at_boundary

JHSheley

Post by JHSheley »

The attached image below displays the the defacement that I refer to as the "Frankenstein" effect.

I do not think the root cause is in CUT3D. I believe the root cause is in the STL file.
Attachments
Frankeinstein effect
Frankeinstein effect