This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
I am using a Cut3D file with a Rockler Shark CNC that has me change bits between Roughing and Finishing.
I need to know when I reference the Rough Cut bit and zero out, do I have to make sure the end of the Finishing Cut bit is exactly the same place as the Rough Cut bit?
Or do I reference the Finishing bit to the new level before I zero out?
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:22 am
- Model of CNC Machine: Black Diamoond
TRY to Z-Zero in the same EXACT spot as your roughing tool.
- Vectric Wizard
- Posts: 2291
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 11:30 am
- Location: Kennebunkport, Maine, US
- Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP9
On my Shark, if your 3D object isn't covering the entire material, I found it was best to set the Z on a point outside the cutting area. This lets you make tool changes that result in a consistent starting point for the first outing and finishing bits.
- Vectric Craftsman
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:59 pm
- Location: Romney, WV
- Model of CNC Machine: CAMMaster Stinger II
Return to Cut3D - General
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests