Vectric cut3d for MAC?

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
jram
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Vectric cut3d for MAC?

Post by jram »

Hello All,
I have a Mac and the downloaded version of Vectric cut 3d does not work for me. It does not specify what operating system is is for and I can't seem to find any information regarding a version for MAC. Any help is appreciated.

Adam M
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: ___

Re: Vectric cut3d for MAC?

Post by Adam M »

Hello,

All of our software is written for the Microsoft Windows 32 and 64 bit platforms.
All of our software runs equally well on full versions on Windows XP (SP3), Vista, 7, 8 & 8.1 (both 32 bit and 64 bit editions).
However whilst I understand that some users use the software on some emulated platforms, such as Parallels,
I am afraid that this is not something that we do here, so we are unable to support these configurations.

For more information on the minimum computer requirements to run Vectric products,
please see the following FAQ.
http://support.vectric.com/aspire-quest ... n-software

cnc4me
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: XYZ Gantry, PMDX motion, Mach3

Post by cnc4me »

jram,
I run Aspire on my iMac 21.5 inch mid 2011 using parallels desktop as Adam mentioned and it works very well for me. Since I already had a copy of Windows all I needed was Parallels.
The install and setup was very easy, although I do work on computers for a living and I have experience in both Mac and Windows platforms.
The cost of parallels is about $80 and windows 8.1 is about $119 for the full version.
You can find more information at www.parallels.com.
Hope this helps.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

jram,
I've been using Aspire on MacBooks for the past 3 years using VMware with Windows XP and Win7. I've had absolutely no issues.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop