3d moels

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
wildwood

3d moels

Post by wildwood »

i want to cut a 3d model I made in 123d Autodesk, i want to cut it on my 4x on my shopbot is there a way to make the gcode to do it with cut3d

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: 3d moels

Post by Adrian »

You would need to it export it from 123d in a format that is loadable by Cut3D such as STL. You would then toolpath it in Cut3D and create the SBP cut file for your shopbot in the last stage in Cut3D.

wildwood

Post by wildwood »

sorry I did not explain it well, I know how to import and save to my possessor ,trouble is to write the gcode to cut a solid 3d model on my rotary spindle! I don't want to cut it in layers or rape it,it is a 3 dimensional model. I know there must be a way other people are doing this I just don't know if cut3d or aspir can write the gcode for cutting a solid model on a rotary spindle,thanks

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

To do this in Aspire you would import and unwrap your 3D model so that Aspire can wrap it around the rotary axis. The Aspire tutorial F14 - Unwrap & Toolpath a 3D Model - Rotary Axis covers this. The tutorial is on the Aspire disk.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

wildwood

Post by wildwood »

hay supper, I knew It could be possible to do it, I am just starting to mess with my rotary set up thanks, I will try it let you know how it works out