Profile Finishing Toolpath???

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
ajk0302
Model of CNC Machine: HOMEMade

Profile Finishing Toolpath???

Post by ajk0302 »

Is there a way to perform a 3d perimeter toolpath on a 3d pocket with a contoured bottom. I see the option for a cutout toolpath and that is not what I am looking for. upon completion of the finishing toolpath, the sides of the pocket are left scalloped, for lack of a better term, by the radius of the cutting tool. you would think that there would be a toolpath that goes around the inside perimeter, after all of the material is removed from the pocket, and clean things up. ive tried to go back in with vcarve but I can only cut to the shallowest point.

UPDATE: I've discovered the option in the Roughing Toolpath section under Strategy. I changed my selection to Z Level which allows for a profile pass. this should get me close, however the pocket depth still remains undercut to allow for the Finishing toolpath. which I am assuming will leave a rough bottom rather that rough sides. however, when I perform the Finishing Toolpath, is my cutter going to now make contact with my clean sides and create that scalloped effect once again? I have yet to find a Profile option in the Finishing Toolpath section.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Profile Finishing Toolpath???

Post by Adrian »

What sort of pocket are you trying to cut? It might be that you can do it with just VCarve.