Cut 3D

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
sawguy

Cut 3D

Post by sawguy »

I am working on a project (sign) and I am using a Vector art 3D art file (Hamburg and fries) I am stretching it to 47"x67"x2". I purchased Cut3D because I have to slice the image and put it on one or two 49"x97"x1" sheet of Extira (I think I can put the two slices on one sheet). Should there be two tool path files? One for each layer? Or is it all in one file?. When I run the tool path preview there seems to be only one layer. I have watched the help video on slicing several times and I can't even get the screens on my computer, to look like the ones in the video. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Re: Cut 3D

Post by tmerrill »

The button to slice the model is at the bottom of Step 2.

Once you click on that and set your slice thickness the program will create a separate .v3d files for each slice and ask you where to save them. These you will treat as individual projects and load one at a time to set your toolpaths up.

After all the toolpaths are set for each slice and the .v3d file saved you can import them into VCarve Pro to position on a larger piece of material.

Tim

sawguy

Post by sawguy »

Thanks Tim that should help a lot

sawguy

Post by sawguy »

Tim you should write the hand book. You made it so simple. I am cutting the job now, and it is working really well. Sometimes us seniors have brain f--ts Many thanks

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

I'm happy to help.

Please be sure to post pictures when you can.

Tim