New user question

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
davidleegoerndt
Model of CNC Machine: unknown

New user question

Post by davidleegoerndt »

We just purchased a copy of Cut3D and we are trying to cut a part that is in 4 pieces. We exported the 4 pieces each as a separate file and we wanted to load each file so it would open in its original position, not in the center of our material. Since the whole part is about 48 x 96 inches we divided the part into 4 equal sections. Is there a way to get individual files to load in their original position? What we want is to have the final piece as one complete unit. We can load the whole part as one but can we cut just one part at a time instead of the in case the cut time is longer than 8 hrs.

Question 2, is there a manual for this program either online or as a pdf on the disc? My operator can't seem to find one, only tutorials.

thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: New user question

Post by Adrian »

Not 100% sure what you mean by the first part of the question. I'll leave that to those that use Cut3D on a regular basis as I use Aspire.

The "manual" is on the Help menu in Cut3D under Help Contents.

ohiococonut
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus HD & Custom built 4x4

Re: New user question

Post by ohiococonut »

You have 4 files 24x48 and you want to carve them on a 48x96 sheet, correct?
You could try setting zero for each piece on the outside corner of each piece in the individual files. Then set zero on the corresponding corner on your sheet. Depending on how accurate you are you may end up with a slight gap or overrun on the pieces.