strange problem need help with

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
John 49047
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Mako

strange problem need help with

Post by John 49047 »

Hello Everyone. I have all or a sudden ran into a strange problem. I have included pic's of the projects I am referencing. The bass and moose in the upper left quad., outer part during the finish run is giving an area that is not finishng in deep enough in the material. The moon pic was run previous on my machine and finished properly. I have also run a couple of projects with photo vcarve and the upper left area on it gave the same type of strange cut. I am using a Shark Mako HD. It is a new machine. I am going to relube the z-axis railes and screw rod's to see if that is the problem but wondered if anyone has had this type of problem. The moose came as a free sample and I bought the bass from Vector Art3-d. So 2 different sources for the file. You might have to zoom in to the pic to see the detail I am talking about.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.
Thanks
John
Attachments
bass.JPG
moose.jpg
moon.jpg

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Re: strange problem need help with

Post by Bob Reda »

John, if I had to venture a guess I think the machine is the culprit. I've cut the bass model and did not have a problem. It looks to be more than just skipping steps. But I have been known to be wrong before.

Bob

USCG
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Swift

Post by USCG »

I recently had a simular issue. I placed my bit over/near the trouble spot and lowered to the surface and found that zero for Z was slightly off. I moved the machine over the project to locate the lowest Z point and rezeroed...my second cut came out fine.

esteeme1
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Cobra 404 ATC; ROMAX WD-1; Shark

Post by esteeme1 »

Great point Mike.

John you may want to surface your top.
Jim Darlas
"Can Do!"
http://www.esteemedwoodcrafts.com/
http://www.esteemedplaques.com/