What should my model look like?

This forum is for general discussion about Cut3D
charlie

What should my model look like?

Post by charlie »

I want to create a dished out shape in a block of wood. I do not want the perimeter of the shape to be cut out from the wood. Instead, the cut shape will look like a tapered swimming pool with a "shallow end" sloping down to a "deep end," and the material size will form what would be the concrete border around the pool.

I am having someone else make the model (dxf) to my specifications and I need to be sure that what they give me can produce the results I want with Cut3D. My question is: what should the model look like? I think that if any of the "concrete" around the pool is included in the model, then Cut3D will want to include this area in the toolpaths. The material around the pool (the concrete surface) cannot be touched at all by the cutter, because two of these pieces will be glued together to make a hollow form. Should the model of the pool have paper thin walls around its surface perimeter? I want the cutter to only touch the wood inside the pool.

I hope this is clear. I will give more information if necessary.

Thank you,

Charlie

charlie

Post by charlie »

Ok guys, never mind...I figured it out on my own. My thinking was just experiencing 'operator error.' :D

Charlie