Cribbage Boards:

Gallery for samples created from Design and Make 3D Machinist or using Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

rdhharm
Vectric Apprentice

Re: Cribbage Boards:

Post by rdhharm »

A couple of more cribbage board I have finished with the Awesome relief files from James and his team. Also lets give credit to Tony and his team because I could not have drawn these with out their Awesome software as well.

Rick
Attachments
Golfer .jpg
Horse Top.jpg
Horse closeup.jpg

rdhharm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rdhharm »

A nother great model from James.

This is a gift for a 25th wedding anniversary.

Rick
Attachments
Panda close up.jpg
Panda top 2.jpg
Panda top 1.jpg

rdhharm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rdhharm »

These are my latest cribbage boards.

The standing bear with trees and rocks was made using the new Vector Art 3D wildlife and scenes, James does a very good job explaining how to use the models.

The standing bear with two different woods was something I was trying to see if I could do with Aspire it worked out very nice. I made a dish than made the opposite shape on the back of the blank than flipped it over and cut the bear model.

Rick
Attachments
Standing Bear 2.jpg
Standing Bear 1.jpg
Bear in dish 2.jpg
Bear in dish 1.jpg

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

Rick,

Nice work!!!

I like your idea on getting the bear with two different woods and it looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Tim

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Rick - it worked! Excellent job on the different materials for the 3D in the dish. That looks really cool. The other parts looks great too. Cheers,
James

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Rick, I'd keep that bear cribbage board away from Sara Palin. She just might put a big hole in it.

rdhharm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rdhharm »

Thanks guys :oops: :oops:

Phil that is to funny.

Rick

rdhharm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rdhharm »

This Cribbage board is made from Red Oak and the inlay is Old Maple the model is Flourish from James.

Rick
Attachments
Top #2.jpg
Top .jpg

rdhharm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rdhharm »

The fireman cross was made for my brother in-laws father who just retired from the fire department.

Rick
Attachments
Fireman-closeup-resized.jpg
front-fireman-black-resized.jpg

Len-Tikular
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home made revision 3

Post by Len-Tikular »

You have a completely new raw beginner so please forgive any daft questions.

These are absoloutley fantastic and probably beyond my setup. I have Vcarve 5.5. Can I do one with that package?
My router bed is approx 1000x 450 cutting area.

A spitfire in the centre would be very very nice. How do I start ? ? ?

Thanks
Len-Tikular (A glider pilots dream cloud)

Aspire 10.5
Mach4 Hobby
Ess Smoothstepper + C11g+C10s

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

I think Rick uses Aspire but you could certainly create these in VCarve Pro. The 3D part of it would be limited to using a VectorArt 3D model and Vector Art 3D Machinist to toolpath that part of the design. If you go to this page you can download the software for free and some samples to try out: http://www.vectorart3d.com/machinist_free - also on that page is a link to some video tutorials. One of those (VCP-Import) shows you how to take data from Machinist into VCarve Pro.

If you want a custom piece of art in the middle you would either need to model it yourself in Aspire or have us quote to create the model for you in the Machinist format: http://www.vectorart3d.com/quote

Hope this info helps?

Rick - as always terrific job on the latest board (I have still not learned how to play yet!)

Cheers,
James

rdhharm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rdhharm »

Len,

As James has said you can use V-Carve that is what used before Aspire was available. I still get my models from James and use Aspire to adjust to my liking.

Thanks James.

Rick

rdhharm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rdhharm »

Pictures are of the latest cribbage, there have been many more but just the same old thing this one has something new so I thought I would share the idea.

The blue inlay is made from crushed stone, this is new to me but it is something guitar builder have be doing since the beginning of time LOL!! The scorpion is from James one of the great models he has for us.

The first picture is from a Photographers eye and the second is from a woodworker’s eye, I think mine shows the true color and the Photographers shows the detail.

Thanks,
Rick
Attachments
Scorpion top 2.28.11.jpg
Scorpion ilay 2.28.jpg

buck4
Vectric Craftsman

Post by buck4 »

Rick,
Your work is exceptional, I like the area where you inlayed the stone. Can I ask for some information on this.
Thanks Buck

rdhharm
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rdhharm »

Thanks Buck,

Right or wrong this is what I did. Since this was my first time I did a little research on the net. What I did was cut the grove into the wood with a 1/8” bit 3/16” deep this was the border. I brushed sand sealer at the fill areas so the CA glue wouldn’t get into the grain. I then filled the grove with the crushed stone, used thin CA glue to fill around the stones. When the glue was hard the next day I sanded it flush, then filled the holes and voids with medium thick CA glue sanded again. Than sprayed sand sealer and Lacquer for the finish.

Thanks,
Rick