Wedding Sign

Gallery for samples created from Design and Make 3D Machinist or using Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

mr Bond, just wanted to add my congrats, very nice sign and a great memento for the happy couple. I think when you combine our 3D mdoels with a nice 2D layout and toolpaths in VCP it is a powerful combination - especially when you do such a nice job of it. Cheers, James

PS - Can I put the images in our gallery http://www.vectorart3d.com/gallery/ please?

mrBOND
Vectric Craftsman

Post by mrBOND »

JamesB wrote:mr Bond, just wanted to add my congrats, very nice sign and a great memento for the happy couple. I think when you combine our 3D mdoels with a nice 2D layout and toolpaths in VCP it is a powerful combination - especially when you do such a nice job of it. Cheers, James

PS - Can I put the images in our gallery http://www.vectorart3d.com/gallery/ please?
Thanks for your kind words. :)
Use the images wherever you like...

Pilotfromdk
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: The Green Concrete Monster +2000Kg

Post by Pilotfromdk »

VERY nice work! :D

Can you give us the name of the fond you used?
I like the "and" sign (don't know the word for it) :wink:

Borge

mrBOND
Vectric Craftsman

Post by mrBOND »

Thanks Borge

It's nice to have a Vcarve friend such near me in south Sweden.
The font name is LHF Tideway Script
http://www.letterheadfonts.com
CNC 1000x600 | VCarve Pro 5.5 | PhotoVCarve | Cut3D | Summa Vinyl Cutter | FlexiSign

Gary u

Post by Gary u »

I downloaded that font and copied it into the font directory as per the instructions. I can't see this font in the list on any of the programs that I would want to use it.

Vcarve is one of the programs that I would like to have it. How did you use this font?

Gary
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Canada

mrBOND
Vectric Craftsman

Post by mrBOND »

I don't know why Gary. Mine works perfect in any program. It's standard true type fonts.
If you use Windows Explorer you should get a message like "Installing font" when copying to x:\win\font Folder.
Any other file explorer could be unstable when installing fonts.
If you bought them I suppose you can get support?

(sry for my english)
CNC 1000x600 | VCarve Pro 5.5 | PhotoVCarve | Cut3D | Summa Vinyl Cutter | FlexiSign

Jeff Guinn

Post by Jeff Guinn »

Here's a link to the possible problem you're having with this font http://www.letterheadfonts.com/support/changes.shtml
Jeff

Gary u

Post by Gary u »

Thanks for the link Jeff. That did explain the problem. They changed the format of the font and it now will not work with V Carve.

It does work with photo shop but that is no help to me. I should have read it before I bought the font but I assumed it work work as it was used in the project
that this topic is about. I assume he got that font before they changed it to an open font from a true type font.

Gary
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Canada

Jeff Guinn

Post by Jeff Guinn »

Gary,
If your operating system is compatable with this font type & you have a vector based drawing program/CAD, you should be able to convert the text to " Curves " & export as an .eps,.ai or.dxf file. This file will now open in VCarve & the individual fonts will be just vectors in your design. You will not be able to do any text formatting after conversion to " Curves ".

Bruce Dorworth
Vectric Apprentice

Re: Wedding Sign

Post by Bruce Dorworth »

Mr. Bond, with your permission I would like to make a version of your piece of art. Was there two 3D files there? Did you draw the big heart?

I am new at this, so any help would be greatly appreciated....

Bruce

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Re: Wedding Sign

Post by tmerrill »

Bruce,

mrBond hasn't been active in for forum for a while - hopefully he'll be back soon.

So to try and help you now I believe he designed all the components except for the Two Hearts 3D design. You can purchase this from JamesB at Vectorart3D, or if you have Aspire it is one of the included 3D images.

Tim