SB Jamboree carvings!

Gallery for samples created from Design and Make 3D Machinist or using Design & Make projects

Moderator: Todd Bailey

AngelicDiablo
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot BT48 Standard

SB Jamboree carvings!

Post by AngelicDiablo »

Some carvings I did for James Booth that will be going to the SB Jamboree next week. This project really put me and my Benchtop through our paces this week. Beer Mug, done in Poplar with the idea that it will be painted. 8" tall 6"wide. 1/4" end mill (roughing), 1/8" ballnose (finishing)/w 10% stepover. Logo was done in Cherry. 12X12" , 1/4" End Mill (R). 1/8" ballnose (F) 10% stepover. Lettering, 3/4" 90° V-Bit along with the champher around the design. The Panels, 1 and 3 are 8" wide and 19.2" tall. Panel 2 is 7.5" wide and 19.2" tall. James put a 1/4" lip around each panel to fit into the rabbit of the frame. He designed the frame to be collapsable. They have puzzle piece ends cut on the back of them. And they are put together just like a jigsaw puzzle. I'll have to get a picture of that later. The panels were carved out of Walnut and the frame in Oak. 1/4" end mill (R) and 1/8" ballnose (F), 10% stepover. It took about 5hrs. for each panel. Needless to say, it was a long week. But I had a fun time getting these done in the time I did. And now, goodnight! -AD :twisted:
Last edited by AngelicDiablo on Sat May 12, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buckle up... it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car! :-)

Kimon
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Kimon »

love the work, especially the three panel in walnut.

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

They look superb, looking forward to seeing them in the flesh at the Jamboree.

dasch
Vectric Apprentice

Post by dasch »

Excellent work, AD!
I know I'm a little biased, but I absolutely love what you've done with the two models I designed (Thumbs Up, and Beer Mug) for VA3D - Beautiful, man!

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Oscar,
Just to let you know all pieces arrived at the SB Jamoboree in one piece. The CNC cut frame for the forest panels assembled perfectly (I will have to share some info on making that at another time) and all the pieces looked fantastic. There were many positive comments for the parts so thanks again for your help with these. For anyone who has looked at Dasch's work http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/index.cfm?q=dasch on Vector Art 3D, it cuts really well and seems to pop out of the material - even though I think the parts look good virtually they look 10 times better once carved - the pics don't do them justice.

Once again Oscar - thanks you did an amazing job in a short amount of time,
Cheers, James