Couple of recent projects

Gallery for samples created from Vector Art 3D Machinist or using Design & Make projects

Moderator: JamesB

Couple of recent projects

Postby Xxray » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:30 am

Not much activity in this part of the forum, so I present these 2 recent models, a cedar eagle and yellowheart Jesus.
As you can see, I was slightly off on centering with both, part of the cut breached the edge, which I try to avoid doing.
Both have 1 coat of clear gloss, the eagle still has some fuzzies, I'll sand those off and give them both another coat.
In case you are wondering, the small dark circles on the yellowheart are just my attempt to cover up screw holes. I just put a little glob of wood glue in the hole, and top it with wood dust.
Not the ideal solution, as they always show up a bit sunken and darker ... Hopefully I'll rig up a better hold down solution in the near future, and I won't have to screw them in the first place.
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG
Doug
Xxray
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Re: Couple of recent projects

Postby mboydraska » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:08 pm

Nice carvings, I especially like the eagle and dream catcher. Thanks for posting.
HAPPY CUTTING
Mike
mboydraska
Vectric Craftsman

Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis homebuilt

Re: Couple of recent projects

Postby Xxray » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks, I have turned into a big fan of yellowheart. Sculpts very nicely, has a great look and nice solid feel.
Maybe you know, but here is a page of 3D models here
http://www.vectorart3d.com/gallery/
Doug
Xxray
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Return to Vector Art 3D / Design and Make - Gallery